This message is intended only for parents and families who have already declared their students for fully remote learning to begin the 2020-21 school year…
* We are in the process of scheduling on-line classes for your students. Your students will be scheduled into four academic core classes and one elective. For high school students, school staff members are working to match your schedule of on-line classes with graduation requirements.
* In previous school years, students and families have had access to schedules one week prior to the first day of regularly scheduled classes. We are currently on-track for Schools PLP students to have access to their schedules beginning next week, too.
* The first student day for remote learners is Tuesday, September 8. In fact, this is the first day for all students – both remote and in-person.
* On-line content is aligned with the Ohio learning standards, and courses are designed to mimic a traditional school experience as much as possible. Do not expect remote learning as it occurred last spring. Students will be expected to log-in and complete course assignments and activities daily beginning September 8.
* A virtual orientation is scheduled for Wednesday, September 2, 2020 beginning at 6:00pm. Schools PLP, Educational Service Center, and school district personnel will be on the Zoom call to participate and respond to questions. Click here or on the date information above to access the Zoom meeting.
* Schools PLP log-in information including the URL will be provided at the beginning of next week (i.e., week of August 31). For students in grades two through twelve, part of the log-in process includes each student providing his or her unique user name and identification number. This is the same user name and ID students enter to log-in to district devices (i.e., user name: 23SmithJ, password: 123456). Students in kindergarten and grade one will follow a slightly different process but will still require user names as well.
Scheduled Student Device Pick-up (Schools PLP Remote Learners ONLY)
Monday, August, 31, 2020 (Media Center from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.)
Thank you for your patience as we navigate this new process. If you have immediate questions, please direct them to our FAQ. Otherwise, please collect your questions for the orientation next week, and let us know how we can help you. Thank you for your continued support of Milton-Union Schools!